Small Business Planning
Protection and Support for Your Small Business
Are You Proactively Protecting Your Business and Personal Assets?
Many business lawyers take a “one-size-fits-all” approach with their clients. We know each business and each client is different. Your life and business circumstances are unique. We want to know about you, your business, and your goals.
We’ll work with you and get to know your individual situation and to understand your business. To serve as your trusted legal advisor, we need to first get a clear understanding of where you are now, and where you want to go. That’s how we tailor our service to what you actually need.
Whether you are starting a new business, have an existing business and are ready to up-level, or are ready to get your business into growth-mode, we’re ready to support you.
We serve business clients in a different way. As a small business, we understand the importance of sticking to a budget and planning for expenses. Most business owners understand the value of getting legal guidance.
The traditional law firm has many disappointing gaps in serving business owners. How can you plan for legal expenses when your lawyer is billing you for every hour in six-minute increments? How can you build a relationship with your lawyer when you are afraid to speak with them or ask a question? That’s not how we work.
We’ve developed a new way of working with business clients. We want you to be in the driver’s seat, making decisions about what you need and what you don’t. You’ll receive the education and guidance to assess your own individual risk tolerance. We feel the best way to avoid costly litigation or legal problems down to road is to proactively assess risk and plan accordingly.
Get Started With a Business Audit Planning Session
Here’s how our step-by-step approach works
Step 1: Book one of our Business Audit Planning Sessions.
Book an audit session that best fits your needs. Not every business is the same. So select the audit that best fits where you are now and where you want to go.
Step 2: Complete your “homework” 3 days prior to your Business Audit Planning Session.
The “homework” will help us both to prepare before we meet, so we can roll up our sleeves and get to work, making the best use of our time together.
Step 3: Attend your Business Audit Planning Session.
What happens during Business Audit Planning Session?
Your audit session will be a working session. During your audit session:
- We will get a clear understanding of where you are now, and where you want to go, discussing strategy to get you there.
- We’ll evaluate what you have in place now and conduct a working review, identifying gaps or exposure to risk.
- We’ll discuss whether you’re in good shape or make recommendations on what you can do to solidify your business foundation. You’ll get guidance on what you can do to make improvements on your own or how you might use additional legal support.
Step 4: You decide what you need.
After getting a better understanding of any potential gaps or exposure to risk you might have, you’ll decide if or how you want to reduce your exposure. If you have exposure, we’ll make recommendations to solidify your foundation by recommending one of our flat fee Business Planning Projects or Basic Business Protection Documents. If you are ready to take your business to the next level, we’ll discuss options for becoming one of our Business Legal Plan ongoing clients to receive ongoing legal support.
Small business planning projects & Basic business protection documents
Business Planning Projects to Get your Strong Foundation in Place.
▻Strategically selecting your brand— avoid spending time and money on a brand that you may never be able to own or that could lead to a costly lawsuit.
▻Reserve your business name— if you’re not ready to start your business just yet, we’ll help make sure you can still build the brand you want.
▻ Evaluate what type of business entity will best fit your needs— evaluate your risks to see what will work best for you.
▻Create your business entity— sit back and get your business set-up by us or let us guide you step by step. You’ll choose what works best for you.
▻ Get internal agreements in place— whether you own your business alone or with others, avoid potential problems, and set yourself up to grow by putting in place foundational agreements for the entity.
▻Stay compliant— with so many regulatory entities, we’ll help you navigate to get necessary registrations, evaluate your compliance needs, and develop a plan to stay compliant.
▻Get prepared to grow— get ready to grow your business strategically through contracts, preparing to bring on employees or independent contractors, getting new commercial space, collaborating with others, and taking precautions to protect your intellectual property. Avoid unnecessary risk to let your business thrive.
Basic Business Protection Documents to reduce your exposure to risk and help your business grow.
▻ Independent Contractor Agreement
▻ Letter Templates
▻ Meeting Minutes and Resolutions
▻ Policies and Procedures
▻ Employment Agreement
▻ Employee Counseling Statement
▻ Employee Handbook
▻ Performance Review and Planning
▻ Non-Solicitation Agreement
▻ Terms of Service
▻ FTC Disclosures
▻ Affiliate or Referral Agreement
▻ Release and waivers
▻ Buy-Sell Agreement
▻ Commercial Lease
▻ Operating Agreement
business legal plans to provide ongoing legal support to your business
Ready to bring a lawyer onto your team to support you and your business?
Three different plans to get the level of support you need
level 1: Professional Starter Plan
For Those Who…
- Are just getting started up with professional consulting, operating as a solopreneur, just set up a sole proprietorship, partnership, LLC, or other Corporate entity.
- And want to make sure everything is fully set up for maximum success.
level 2: Up-Leveling Plan
For Those Who…
- Are already running a business with employees, independent contractors, or are engaging in multiple contracts a year.
- Are ready to grow and want to set up for maximum success with all the right structures and systems in place.
- And want to minimize risk and maximize return on investment of time, energy, attention and money.
level 3: Growth-Mode Plan
- Are on the road to building an empire with multiple revenue streams.
- Are ready to evaluate personal and entity level asset protection.
- And want consistent support for the business leaders to ensure the business is fully optimized for maximum impact with minimal risk.